TrueBeam is an advanced radiotherapy system that enables cancer patients to receive advanced treatment without having to travel great distances. TureBeam’s technology has been designed to treat a wide variety of cancers, including breast, head/neck, lung, prostate, and spinal tumors.
Enhanced Treatment Options
- TrueBeam technology was developed from the ground up to deliver powerful cancer treatments with pinpoint accuracy and precision. TrueBeam opens the door to new possibilities for the treatment of challenging cases such as cancers in the lung, breast, abdomen, and head and neck as well as other cancers that are treatable with radiotherapy.
- Varian’s TrueBeam system can deliver many forms of radiotherapy, including: image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), RapidArc® radiotherapy technology and Gated RapidArc. Because of this, TrueBeam can provide a game-changing capability that allows clinicians to tailor your specific radiotherapy treatments.
Peace of Mind
- Fast treatment time can minimize interruption of your daily life.
- Three closed-circuit television systems with two-way audio mean you can be in constant and continuous contact with the therapist running the machine. It’s almost as if the therapist is in the room with you.
- Enhanced technology allows for music to be played during your treatment, helping to create a more soothing environment.
Fast, Precise Treatments
- TrueBeam’s technology makes it possible to deliver fast, accurate image-guided treatments within just a few minutes per day.
- With advanced imaging, the TrueBeam system allows clinicians to deliver treatment more accurately by enabling them to “see” the tumor they treat and target tumors with submillimeter accuracy.
- Many tumors in places like the lungs move when you breathe in and out. The TrueBeam system includes a new “respiratory gating” option for synchronizing beam delivery with respiration. This helps maintain accuracy, as the system synchronizes its targeting whenever tumor motion is an issue, for example during lung cancer treatments.
- The precision of Varian’s TrueBeam system is measured in increments of less than a millimeter. This accuracy is made possible by the system’s sophisticated architecture, which synchronizes imaging, patient positioning, motion management, beam shaping and dose delivery, performing accuracy checks every ten milliseconds throughout the entire treatment.
- You can be exposed to less X-ray dose with the TrueBeam system. Additional imaging functionality provides the opportunity to use 25% less X-ray dosecompared to earlier Varian imaging technology.
- The system’s imager generates 3-D images of the tumor and surrounding anatomy 60% faster than was possible with previous generations of Varian imaging technology.
Built With Patient Care In Mind
- Varian’s TrueBeam system transforms the patient experience. With shorter treatment times and quiet operation, TrueBeam helps create a relaxing treatment environment.
- Three closed-circuit television systems with two-way audio mean patients can be in constant and continuous contact with the therapist operating the machine.
- TrueBeam features a music system that allows music to be played during treatment, which may enhance patient comfort.
TrueBeam Image Gallery